Peanut Butter and Honey

what i love about life!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Something yummy!

Ok, so right now I should probably be doing some more cleaning for my July 4th cookout...but the cookies, brownies, and dips are made! So I decided to take a little break to share a yummy recipe that I made yesterday. I found it on one of my friend's boards on pintrest. I had some extra cilantro left after making fresh salsa last weekend. I usually use what I can and then toss the rest. But, geez, I hate to do that....enter this recipe... Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette! I didn't get too creative with how to use it because I really wanted to just use what I had on hand. It is amazing to me how much food I have but yet I go to the grocery store for more...

Back to the yummy vinaigrette...
It was super easy to put together! I love the use of a blender to mix things up and chop (less work for me!).

I was extremely excited that I had EVERY ingredient already in my kitchen.

mmmm....garlic is so yummy!

I kind of cheated and didn't chop my cilantro at all...but it was ok! The blender did all the work for me :)

It was delicious!

I marinated chicken tenderloins for a few hours in half of the vinaigrette. The other half was used as dressing for salads. I added the chicken (which I just cooked in a skillet on the stove), tomato, and onions to my salad. MMMMMMMM! So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment