Peanut Butter and Honey

what i love about life!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to the real world....

I have been on vacation for the past week. My family tries to take a ski vacation once a year to Vermont. I have been going to Killington off and on for the past 30 years. Now we are taking the next generation up there to learn to ski. My oldest nephew reached quite a milestone and advanced to using poles. He will quickly tell you that he can ski backwards and do a 360...these are things I dare not try! Although I admit, I did fall once on the first day...it was quite graceful...of course it's always good to fall at the chair lift so everyone gets a chance to see :) The week was a blast... full of skiing, eating, hot chocolate, and laughter. Unfortunately, there was a sickness passed around the condo and I brought home a cold as a souvenir. But regardless, we still had fun!

Sorry in advance for the length of this post...there are too many pictures that I want to share!

This was my travel buddy. Having a 5 year old as a travel buddy is kind of like having a monkey as a travel buddy. But he did great....and I didn't lose him :)

Airplanes provided a nice distraction for the wait

My favorite...the poma. I hear they are big in Europe.
I would LOVE to ski in Europe!

My S-I-L and I at the peak
And yes, it's true....this is in b & w. Unfortunately on the most beautiful day my camera got switched to b&w (thank you ski gloves), so you can't see how the sky is an amazing bright blue.

This was the same day...but I tell you, from the top the sky is so much bluer!

And no, this is not in b&w. We unfortunately had a few days of poor visibility.

This picture is from one of my FAVORITE places... Simon Pearce. It has everything I love...food, shopping, and crafting! It is one of my musts for this vacation.

We ate brunch there...soooo good!

Glass blowing

my vase purchase :) now I need more flowers

Of course, we made a stop at King Arthur Flours. This is their gluten free section. I picked up a few mixes to bring back home. I can't wait to do some baking!

1 comment: