Peanut Butter and Honey

what i love about life!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gluten free yummy!

Tonight I have been very productive! I continue my quest to make homemade gifts. One of the most precious people I know is having a birthday on Sunday. I have warned her that her present may be slightly late...but tonight I had a chance to do some work on it. Part of it has been finished, while the other part is become more and more questionable... let's just say, it's hard to explain but I will be able to share the whole story next week. I also have a baby shower gift to finish, which is so close to being done that I kind of want to stay home from work to get it finished, but I won't. And my third project, my mother's day gift, is also on the verge of completion. I hope Saturday will be very productive.... especially since it's time to bring out my summer/ spring wardrobe!

Ok, back to tonight... in the midst of my crafting, I also decided I needed to make some banana bread. I had two bananas that were well beyond consumption (in my opinion) and needed to be baked with or tossed. Over the weekend, I found a new recipe for banana bread from the blog Bicycle Built for Two. Tonight... I tried it out. Caitlin from Bicycle Built for Two does a great job explaining the recipe so I am not going to repeat it, but of course I took some pictures to amuse you...
This is my kitchen (quite amusing and messy)... the other half not in the picture is my washer/dryer. The washer/dryer very often becomes part of my counter space when cooking.

Looks yummy....

The other downside of my kitchen... no dishwasher. It makes cooking and baking less fun when you have to HAND WASH everything! Sigh...oh how I miss a normal kitchen...

TaDa.... I can't wait to cut it!
That will unfortunately have to wait until morning.... but it smells delightful and I am excited about my breakfast treat!

Sweet dreams friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment